课 件 w w w.5y K J.Co m Unit 7
集 备 部 分
课 题 7B unit7 IPS
中心发言人 时 间
1. Learn to write a profile.
2. Learn to talk about what you can and cannot do.
3.To develop the students’ abilities of listening ,speaking, reading and writing.
Step 1 Warming up
Play a game: Who is he\she?
eg: She has a round face and two big eyes.
She has long hair in a ponytail. Who is she?
Step 2 Pre- task preparation
1. Ask some very general questions about reports and school.
2. Present some new words: term, memory, history, geography, personality, cheerful, organize, result.
Step 3 Task procedures
(1) Ask students to skim the text to identify any words they don’t know.
(2) Ask students to guess the meaning of the unknown words from the context.
(3) Explain the meaning by giving examples.
(4) Ask students to list as many adjectives as they can find.
Then ask them to add other adjectives that teachers may use to describe students.
(5)Ask students to study the notes for the parents’ meeting.
Then ask them to find information from the report card to fill in as many gaps as possible.
(1) Play the recorder and ask students to complete Mr. Wu’s notes.
(2) Play the recorder again to enable students to check their answers.
(3) Ask some students to read out their answers.
(1)Ask students to use information from the report card and notes to complete Suzy’s profile.
(2) Ask them to guess the meaning of the new words: grade, result, high.
(3) Read it and work out the way of writing a profile .(Group work )
Write a profile :
(1) Divide the class into groups. Ask them to write a profile.
(2) Invite some groups to show their results.
3. Speaking ( Part B )
(1) Listen and answer :
Can Millie dance?
What about Sandy?
What can Sandy do ?
(2) Listen and read
(3) Read in pairs 文章
课 件 w w w.5y K J.Co m