Unit8 How do you make a banana milk shake?
1. A. B. C.
2. A. B. C.
3. A. B. C.
4. A. B. C.
5. A. B. C.
6. Where is Jane going during the winter vacation?
A. To Hainan. B. To Shanghai. C. To Beijing.
7. How is she going there?
A. By train. B. By plane. C. By bus.
8. What will Helen do first?
A. Buy some things. B. Meet Henry. C. Make beef.
9. How many things should Helen buy?
A. Three. B. Four. C. Five.
10. What does Betty think of the opera?
A. It's funny. B. It's boring. C. It's interesting.
11. How long did Betty and Lingling watch the opera?
A. One hour. B. Two hours. C. Three hours.
12. What will Tony do to know about the Beijing opera?
A. Go to the Tea House.
B. Learn more Chinese words.
C. Read some books about it.
13. What does the speaker do in the summer camp?
A. Plays with different groups of children.
B. Gives sports and activity classes to children.
C. Helps the teachers to look after the children.
14. What makes her feel proud in her job?
A. Children can go boating and climbing.
B. Children show friendship to the winners.
C. Children make friends with each other.
15. What does the speaker mainly talk about?
A. Her job in the summer camp.
B. Her friends in the summer camp.
C. Her experience in the summer camp.
House for Sale
Rooms a 16. one with two bedrooms, one bathroom and one kitchen
Address No. 17. , Park Street
Surroundings (环境) a supermarket, a 18. , a very good 19.
Time to see it every day except Wednesday and 20.
21. “ exercise every day, my son. It’s good for your health. ”Dad often said to him.
A. Takes B. Taking C. Take D. To take
22. — butter do we need for a sandwich?
—Two teaspoons should be enough.
A. How many B. How much C. How long D. How far
23. Thanksgiving is always the fourth Thursday in November.
A. in B. on C. at D. for
24. Don’t forget to the light when you leave the room.
A. turn on B. turn off C. turn up D. turn down
25. Don’t _______ the milk into the cup. It’s full (满了).
A. peel B. pour C. leave D. drink
26. —The banana is too big.
—You can _______ first.
A. cut up them B. cut them up C. cut it up D. cut up it
27. Tom, please add some salt _______ the noodles.
A. on B. in C. to D. at
28. Add some honey and _______ the ingredients（配料）.
A. cut up B. mix up C. turn on D. put on
29. I had _______ for breakfast yesterday.
A. two bread B. two pieces of bread
C. two piece of bread D. some breads
30.Please fill the bottle _____ the milk.
A. of B. with C. for D. at
31.-Oh, it tastes quite good. May I have _________ cup of coffee?
---OK. Here you are.
A. other B. another C. the other D. others
32. —What does the________ look like?
—It looks like sugar.
A．salt B．butter C．corn D．pepper
33. —What about Bill's driving test?
—He failed it three times.________ he passed it last week after much practicing.
A．First B．Hardly C．Next D．Finally
34.’m sorry I’m late again________ the heavy rain.
A. as B. so C. because D. because of
35. —Let’s make a banana milk shake.
A. Sounds good B. You’re welcome C. That’s right D. Don’t worry
Long ago there was a poor farmer called Fred. Fred and his wife, Doris lived 36 together in their small old house. One winter night, the Luck Fairy (仙女) visited them .
“Fred, you’re a 37 farmer. I’d like to give you a wish,” said the Luck Fairy.
“A wish?” Said Fred.
Fred and Doris smiled at each other. Then Fred said, “ Thank you , Luck Fairy. We’re very 38 and happy.”
“ 39 we’re old, we still work in the field every day,” said Doris.
“You wok very hard but you 40 very little money. Would you like some gold coins ” asked the Luck Fairy.
“Oh no , my dear Luck Fairy. We’re poor. But we have 41 food to eat.” Replied Fred.
“You can use the gold coin to buy some clothes. The winter here is very cold,” said Luck Fairy.
“Though we haven’t got 42 clothes, we’ve got enough,” said Doris.
“Well, what about a nice new house?” Asked Luck Fairy.
“Thank you, but I 43 my small old house very much. I’ve lived here since I was born. I don’t 44 a new house,” said Fred.
“You’re quite different from other people. I like you very much,” said the Luck Fairy. “I wish you happiness and Luck forever.” Then the Luck Fairy 45 and never came back.
36. A. sadly B. happily C. worried D. anxiously
37. A. bad B. lazy C. good D. unhelpful
38. A. healthy B. careful C. difficult D. important
39. A. If B. But C. Because D. Though
40. A. cost B. lose C. make D. borrow
41. A. no B. little C. enough D. expensive
42. A. old B. many C. bad D. clean
43. A. hate B. love C. need D. dislike
44. A. need B. see C. buy D. build
45. A. smiled B. nodded C. laughed D. disappeared
Every country has its favorite food. Italians like to eat pizza. Indians like to eat hot food. Japanese like to eat fish. Often they don’t cook it.
In England, one of the most popular kinds of food is fish and chips. People usually buy it in a fish and chip shop. They put it in paper bags, and take it home, or to their workplace. Sometimes they eat it in the park or on the road. The world’s favorite food is American fast food. If you go to some important cities in the world, you can find people eating hamburgers and chips.
Fish and chips, and Chinese take-away food are very popular in England. But they are less popular in the USA. The Americans eat take-away food, too, like chicken. But the most popular kind of take-away food is the hamburger. It looks like bread with meat in it. Ham (火腿) is a kind of pork, but the hamburger does not have any pork in it. The hamburgers are also popular in England and Australia.
46. Italians like to eat _______.
A. dumplings B. pizza C. hot food D. fish
47. Fish and chips is very popular in _______.
A. England B. Australia C. the USA D. Canada
48. In different countries people eat _______ food.
A. different B. the same C. delicious D. same
49. The hamburger does not have any _______ in it.
A. beef B. pork C. fish D. vegetables
50. Hamburger is a kind of _______.
A. meat B. drinks C. food D. vegetables
Tom and Mike were good friends. Sometimes they were kind to each other, sometimes they were not. But all of their classmates said they were like brothers.
One day they went out for a walk together. At noon they were very hungry and they went into a restaurant to have lunch. The waiter came up to them and asked，"What can I do for you?"
"Please bring us two apples first.” said Tom.
When the waiter put two apples on the table， Mike took the bigger one at once. Tom got angry，
“You are impolite，Mike. Why don’t you take the smaller one?" Tom said.
“But I am right.” said Mike with a smile，“if I let you take first, which one will you choose?"
“Of course I’11 take the smaller one. "said Tom.
“Yes.” Mike said，“If you take the smaller one，the bigger one will still be mine. Don’t you think so?"
“Oh！"Tom couldn’t answer.
51.Tom and Mike were______
A. always kind to each other B. sometimes kind to each other
C. dear brothers D. friends of different school
52.Mike thought only about______ when they were having lunch.
A. himself B. Tom C. his parents D. his friends
53.The waiter gave them＿______
A. two eggs B. two apples C. three oranges D. some milk
54.Tom took the_______ apple.
A. better B. bigger C. smaller D. worse
55.Who took the apple first? ______
A. Mike B. Tom C. Both Tom and Mike D. The waiter
The Spring Festival is the biggest festival for Chinese people all around the world. The celebration usually lasts for 15 days. There are a lot to do.
On the eve of the Spring Festival, family members get together and have big meals. Their favorite dish on this day is dumplings.
Days before the Spring Festival, families will clean their homes. People think cleaning sweeps away bad luck. It makes the house ready for good luck.
The color red is everywhere during the Spring Festival. People think red is a happy color and will bring them a bright future. People wear red, too. They decorate(装饰)their homes with pieces of red paper. Kids get a lot of hongbao. It is a red paper bag with money in it. Usually, older people give younger ones hongbao. They think it brings good luck.
The Spring Festival is the time to make everybody happy. So don’t say any bad words or do anything that will bring unhappiness to other people.
For instance, you’d better not say any bad words like “death”. Don’t break anything. People think that it means your luck is running out.
Also, don’t borrow or lend money on these days. If you have borrowed money, return it before the Spring Festival.
56. What do most people do on the eve of the Spring Festival?
A. Family members gather for a big meal.
B. Friends eat dumplings together.
C. They borrow money from friends.
D. They give each other hongbao.
57. Why do people clean their houses before the Spring Festival?
A. Because they enjoy being clean.
B. Because it is believed that cleaning will sweep away bad luck.
C. Because they think it will bring happiness to others.
D. Because it is thought that cleaning brings in money.
58. Which of the following things is NOT supposed to happen during the Spring Festival?
A. Returning money before the Spring Festival.
B. Saying any bad words or doing anything that will bring unhappiness to other people.
C. Wearing red clothes.
D. Decorating houses with red paper.
59. The underlined phrase “running out” probably means“ ”.
A. 跑出去 B. 打碎 C. 耗尽 D. 离开
60. We can tell from the passage that the Spring Festival is .
A. a time of harvest and fun
B. celebrated for one whole month
C. only celebrated in China
D. a time for families to get together
Everyone has to eat and drink. But for most people, food is not just a matter of survival(生存). Food brings people together when they come to a dinner or a party. One way or another, food is an important part of your lifestyle. In the U.S., there are fast food restaurants, coffee shops and family restaurants. When you eat outside, you need to know the eating culture.
You can find McDonald's and KFC in many countries around the world. ① you look at the menu, and say what you would like to eat. ② they give you the food. Then you sit down and eat your food there or take it away. There is no need to leave a tip(小费).
In a coffee shop you can sit at a table. The waiter usually brings you coffee when you sit down. Then you tell him what you would like to eat and he brings it to you. You pay for the food and drinks when you leave.
In a family restaurant the waiter shows you where to eat. If you can't eat up all the food, the waiter gives you a doggy bag (剩菜袋) to take your food home. You add 15℅ of the bill(账单) as a tip.
61. What will the waiter do after you go into a coffee shop and sit down?
62. When do people need to give a tip in a family restaurant from the passage?
B: OK, how do we make it?
A: First, cut up some fruits like apples, bananas or a watermelon.
B: I like eating bananas and apples. How about three apples and three bananas?
A: Sure. 67
B: I have a big bowl. Here you are.
B: How much yogurt do we need?
B: What else do we need?
A: Would you like to put some honey?
B: Oh, a little, please.
A: 70 Do you want to have a taste?
B: How delicious!
71. The rain p down for hours yesterday.
72. She always likes to a some sugar to coffee while drinking it.
73. I usually have some (片)of bread and a glass of milk for breakfast.
74. The farmer is (挖)holes to plant trees.
75. My family and I are going to (英格兰)for vacation this summer.
76.Now the ______ (pollute) is very serious.
77.We should plant ______ (many)trees than before.
78.There are ______(hundred)of people planting trees on the hill.
79.Let’s (make) a banana milk shake together.
80.How much (orange) do you want?
81. He knows a little about Chinese.（提问）
____ _____ does he know about Chinese?
82. Jack's mother gives him ten dollars every day.(提问）
_____ _____ ______ _____ Jack's mother give him every day?
83. There are two cups of tea on the table.（提问）
_____ _____ ____ _____ tea on the table?
84. There is an apple in the picture.（提问）
_____ ____ in the picture?
85. There is an apple in the picture.（提问）
How _____ _____ _____ there in the picture?
假设你是Li Ping，你的笔友Hector得知你会做爆米花(popcorn)，他也想亲自制作一次, 但他不会，向你请教做法。请你给他回一封电子邮件，简单介绍制作爆米花的过程。要求使用first, next, then, finally等表示过程的词；60词左右，电子邮件的开头和结尾已经给出，不计入总词数。
I’m glad to get your letter.
Unit8 How do you make a banana milk shake? 听力原文与答案解析
W: What's your favourite fruit?
M: Bananas. I think it's good for me to have a banana every day.
W: What's the weather like in your hometown?
M: Oh, it's very cold. It often snows.
W: Where is Jack?
W: Where did you have supper?
M: I went to Rose Restaurant with some friends.
M: What are you going to do during the winter vacation, Jane?
W: I'm going to Hainan. There are many interesting places to see there.
M: How do you plan to go there?
W: I'm going there by plane with two friends.
M: Sounds great! Have a good trip!
W: Thank you!
M: Helen, could you go to the supermarket and buy some sugar and rice?
W: OK, but Henry told me to meet him in ten minutes.
M: What time is it now?
W: It's about 5:20.
M: OK, buy some beef then.
W: Hi ! Tony.
M: Hi ! Betty.
W: Lingling and I went to Lao She Teahouse last night.
M: Really? How was it?
W: It was great! You know, I want to see the Beijing Opera, so Lingling offered to take me there. We drank tea and watched an opera.
M: Did you understand the opera?
W: No, it was difficult to understand the words. But the actors and the actresses were excellent.
M: How long did you stay?
W: We only planned to watch for an hour, but in the end, we stayed for another two hours.
M: Did you enjoy it?
W: Well, it was interesting—that's the main thing. I hope to understand more next time.
M: Who is Lao She?
W: No idea. Ask Lingling. And do you want to know about the Beijing Opera?
M: Yes, very much.
W: Why not ask Lingling to take us to Lao She Teahouse next time.
M: That's a good idea.
W: During the long summer holidays, many children go to holiday camps. This summer will be my third at the camp here, but I have been to other Kingfisher camps all over Britain. I have made a lot of friends through this summer job. It is perfect for teenagers like me. After all, summer holidays are great, but they are long, and they can get boring! Doing this job we are busy all the time, and we get paid!
I help the sports and activity teachers, so I spend time with different groups of children, and by the end of the week, I usually know most of them quite well.
As I said before, it is not just the children who make great new friends! Working together so closely, even for just a few weeks, the helpers at our camp become really good friends. We meet up a couple of times each year as well as seeing each other at camp. It means that when we return in July we know we will meet old friends and make some new ones.
W: Good morning, sir.
M: Good morning. I'm looking for a house for my family.
W: OK, do you want a big one or a small one?
M: A small one with two bedrooms, one bathroom and one kitchen.
W: OK, let me look up the information on the computer. Oh, I've got one for you.
M: Thank you. Where is the house?
W: It's No. 7 in Park Street.
M: Sounds great. How much does it cost?
W: It's very cheap. It only costs 9859 dollars.
M: That's a lot of money for me!
W: It's worth every penny. It's convenient there. You can walk to the supermarket and the bank in five minutes. The most important thing is that there is a very good school along the street for your children.
M: Well, I like the house, but I can't decide yet. My wife must see it first.
W: It doesn't matter. You can see the house every day except Wednesday and Sunday.
M: Thanks a lot.
W: You are welcome.
1. B 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. B
6. A 7. B 8. B 9. A 10. C
11. C 12. A 13. C 14. A 15. C
16. small 17. 7 18. bank 19. school 20. Sunday
24.B。考查短语辨析。句意: 你离开房间时不要忘了关上灯。turn on“打开”; turn off“关掉; 关上”; turn up“(音量等)调大”; turn down“(音量等)调低”。
25. B 句意：不要把牛奶倒进杯子里，杯子满了。peel“剥去”；leave“离开”；drink“喝”，均不符合句意。pour意为“倾倒”，pour...into...意为“把……倒进……”，符合句意。
26. C 句意：“这个香蕉太大了。”“你可以先把它切碎。”这里banana是单数名词，故
27. C 句意：汤姆，请在面条里加些盐。add...to...意为“把……加入……”，符合句意，故
28. B 句意：加入一些蜂蜜，搅拌配料。cut up “切碎”；turn on “打开”； put on “穿上”，均不符合句意，而mix up意为“混合”，符合句意。
29. B 句意：昨天早饭我吃了两片面包。不可数名词前不能直接用数词修饰，而且没有复数形式，排除A、D两项；piece为可数名词，因数词为two，piece要用复数形式，故选B。
30. B fill …with…“用……把……装满”，为固定短语，故选B。
31.B句意：--噢，它尝起来十分好。我可以再来一杯咖啡吗？--好的。给你。分析：other其他的；another另一个；the other 另一个；others等于other +名词。联系句意：因为咖啡好喝，因此想再来一杯。另一个为another.故选 B
35.A。考查情景交际。A项意为“听起来不错”, 表示对别人意见的赞同; B项意为“别客气”, 表示对别人感谢的委婉答语; C项意为“那是正确的”; D项意为“别担心”。由句意“——让我们做一份香蕉奶昔吧。——听起来不错。”可知选A。
38. A。比较这四个词的意思不难发现与happy 并列的是healthy。
40. C。make money意思是“赚钱”。
46. B 根据第一段第二句Italians like to eat pizza.可知答案为B。
47. A 根据第二段第一句In England, one of the most popular kinds of food is fish and chips.可知答案为A。
48. A 根据文章内容可知“不同国家的人吃不同的食物”，故选A。
49. B 根据第三段第六句Ham (火腿) is a kind of pork, but the hamburger does not have any pork in it.可知答案为B。
50. C 根据第三段第四句But the most popular kind of take-away food is the hamburger.可知
51.B细节理解题。根据Sometimes they were kind to each other可知，本题应该选B。
55.A归纳理解题。根据Mike took the bigger one at once可知，迈克首先拿的苹果。所以本题选A。
58.B。细节理解题。综合全文可知: A、C、D三项活动都是春节期间要做的事情; 由第五、六段
61. He usually brings you coffee.
62. When they need to take the food home with a doggy bag.
71. poured 72. add 73. pieces 74. digging 75. England
76.pollution 77.more 78.hundreds 79.make 80.orange
81. How much 82. How much does give 83. How many cups of
84. What is 85. many apples are
I’m glad to get your letter.
You say you like popcorn. I also like it very much. I learned from my mother how to make popcorn two years ago. Now let me show you how to make it. First you put the corn into the popcorn machine. Next, turn on the popcorn machine. Wait for several minutes. Then you pour the popcorn into the bowl and add one spoon of salt to the popcorn. Finally you can eat the popcorn.