1.You should read the ______________(指示) carefully before you use the Ipad.
2. My brother is a football fan and he is _________(狂热的) about football.
3. Please keep the ________(秘密) for us.
4. We can see different colours of ________(气球) in the sky.
5. Many pop stars __________(出席) the charity show yesterday.
1. It’s ________(polite) to speak loudly in the public.
2. He looked _______(happy) after hearing the bad news.
3. He is lazy and ______(active) in sports
4. The novel is so ______(bore) that I won’t read any more.
5. He is too young to look after ________(he).
1. Keep______(try), and you will be successful.
2. You had better _______(not talk) loudly. The baby is sleeping.
3. He spent about half an hour _______(put) in the light.
4. Lucy, ______(not touch) the paint!
5. He had a little trouble ________(spell) the word.
1. —Would you like to go shopping with me today?
—________, I have to look after my sick mother.
A. Yes, I do B. I’m afraid I can’t C. Sure D. Never mind
2. ---It’s too hard for me to be a trailwalker.
---Never _________. Believe in yourself.
A. put up B. give up C. hurry up D. look up
3. ---What a heavy rain! Will it last long?
--- ______. We’re getting into the rainy season now.
A. Of course not B. I’m afraid so C. That’s impossible D. I’m afraid not
4. There are some trees on one side of the road and some grass on ______ side.
A. other B. the other C. others D. another
5. The book is _______ for a six-year-old girl _________.
A. enough easy; to read B. easy enough, to read
C. enough easy, reading D. easy enough, reading
6. Please stop smoking, ________ you?
A. will B. shall C. can D. may
7. ---I am sorry for losing your book. I will buy a new one for you.
---_______. I have another copy.
A. Thank you B. Happy to hear that C. Never mind D. Of course
8. How long did you _______the charity show?
A. work at B. work out C. work on D. work
9. The children can dress __________ now.
A. them B. they C. themselves D. yourselves
10. ---What does the sign in the museum _________?
A. tell B. say C. talk D. speak
11. How long do you ________ on your homework every day?
A. take B. spend C pay D. cost
12. ---The milk from Mengniu _________ than that from Guangming.
A. tastes good B. tastes better C. tastes well D. tastes nice
13. You ______ make noise when you watch a movie in the cinema.
A. had better B. had not better C. had better not D. not had better
14. We should not _______ the baby alone at home.
A. make B. let C. have D. leave
15. We’ll have the discussion in the garden _________ the hall.
A. instead of B. instead in C. instead of in D. instead
1. He ought to know a little about DIY.(改为一般疑问句)
_________ he ________ know a little about DIY?
2. Close the window, please.(改为否定句)
_______ close the window, please.
3. He can repair his bicycle alone.(同义句)
He can repair his bicycle _____ ______ _______.
4. It’s not polite to make noise in class. (同义句)
It’s ________ to make noise in class.
5. It took me twenty minutes to finish my homework yesterday.
I ______ twenty minutes ______ my homework yesterday.
WHO _____ ______ World Trade Organization.
My cousin _____ _____ ______ magics.
Don’t always ______ the same _______.
He is ______ the hole ________ sand.
Thank you for ______ ______ for us.
Mr. Brown was good at singing． 1 he found work in a schoo1．There he taught the
students 2 ．He worked hard and most of his students sang 3 ．But he liked drinking
and 4 much money on it．Sometimes he couldn’t go to school on time．The headmaster told
him to be careful of it．But soon he forgot it．
Once Mr．Brown drank much and lay in the street．The policemen carried him to schoo1．The headmaster was so angry that he decided to send him away．
Now he was out of work．Few people would help him．One morning he was very 5
while he 6 by a beautiful house．He found the gate open and quickly went in．He wanted to
find some 7 ．Suddenly he saw a man 8 towards him．He went into a room．There
were a lot of instruments(乐器)in it．And soon a girl came in．He had to lie under a desk．The girl began to sing．She sang badly but it lasted two hours．At twelve o’clock 9 girl came to play the piano．She played even 10 ．Mr. Brown couldn’t stay there any longer．He came out and said，“Send me to the police station．”
( )1．A．Because B．Then C．So D．When
( )2．A．maths B．music C．art D．P．E．
( )3．A．good B．bad C．well D．badly
( )4．A．paid B．took C．cost D．spent
( )5．A．hungry B．asleep C．tired D．thirsty
( )6．A．walk B．walks C．is walking D．was walking
( )7．A．orange B．milk C．food D．water
( )8．A．to come B．comes C．coming D．came
( )9．A．other B．another C．the other D．the another
( )10．A．well B．badly C．better D．worse
DIY, which means Do It Yourself, is quite popular in UK. Lots of stores and supermarkets sell DIY things. TV programmes show people how to DIY.
English people like DIY. There is a saying in UK----“As Englishman’s home is his castle(城堡)”. Huge number of people spend their holidays making their homes beautiful “castles”. If there is anything that needs fixing around their homes, such as painting the walls or putting in a new shower, they will do the jobs themselves. They share DIY experience with their friends. More and more people have discovered the joy of DIY. Sometimes people also DIY for saving money. With the economic downturn at present, many people can not afford a big house. They are looking at how they can make their house better without spending a lot of money. It is not surprising that DIY is so popular.
DIY can be difficult. There is a huge market for DIY furniture which people need to get together themselves with a few basic tools. However, people often find it not easy to build a piece of furniture because they can’t understand the instructions. Sometimes the instructions are simple and clear, but the furniture itself is difficult to build. One thing is for sure, though most DIY projects are started with the best intentions. Many of them may not get finished. DIY can also be dangerous. For example, anything electrical should be done by a professional worker. Unluckily, many people don’t care about this warning and put themselves in danger. It is reported that in just one year over 230,000 people were hurt while doing DIY in UK, including 41,000 who fell off ladders.
Therefore , DIY can bring us fun and help us save money, but it is not always as easy as it is thought to be if we bite off(咬掉) more than we can chew(咀嚼). Maybe factories should make products that are easier and safer for us to DIY.
1. How do many English people spend their holidays to the passage?
A. Making their homes beautiful. B. Visiting their friends.
C. Travelling all over the world D. Making a lot of money
2. Why do English people like DIY?
A. Many stores sell DIY things. B. DIY can bring them fun.
C. TV programmes teach them to DIY D. All DIY projects are easy.
3. What can we learn from the passage?
A. DIY is a waste of money. B. it is always difficult to DIY.
C. We should be careful while doing DIY. D. It is very safe for us to DIY.
4. In the passage, “we bite off more than we can chew” probably means .
A. We can eat everything we like. B. We should do something difficult.
C. We do something that is too difficult. D. We eat too much food that is not safe.
5. What’s the title(标题) of the passage?
A. DIY—Do it yourself B. DIY—A way of saving money
C.DIY— It is fun D.DIY—Dangerous sometimes
What kind of teacher do you like best? Let’s see what these students from Beijing Sunshine Secondary School said.
“My favourite teachers are learned(博学的)， and they can make their lessons easy and interesting.” said Wang Ping.
“We boys and girls often have questions and secrets. We all really want to share our lives with teachers and make friends with them. So I like young teachers because they can understand us easily.” said Li Hong.
“ I love teachers who are on time for class. If they can always finish their lessons when the bell rings, I like them better.” Zhou Chao said.
“ In my dream, teachers should have a good sense of humour. They can chat with us after class or school. (1) When we feel sad, they can speak funny jokes to make us happy.” Zhao Ming told us.
(2) “他看起来和我的父亲一样好。He likes to talk with students and listen to our problems carefully and he is always ready to help us solve the problems.” Xu Meng told about her ideal teacher.
1. How many students told about their ideal teachers in this passage? ______________.
Li Hong likes young teachers because they can ____________________________.
5. Mr. Li is a 40-year-old teacher. He often chats with his students happily. When his students have problems, he often helps them solve the problems as soon as possible.
Which student may have the above description(描述)? ________________ .
Two brothers worked together on a farm. One was married and had a large f 1 .The other had no wife yet. Although they lived in different houses, they shared everything they got from their farm.
One day, the single brother said to himself, “It’s not r 2 that we share all the rice. I’m a 3 and I need less than my brother.” So, every night he took a bag of rice from his store-room and w 4 across the field b 5 their houses, putting it into his brother’s store-room.
At the same time, the married brother thought, “It’s not fair to share all the rice. I’m married and I have my wife and children to l 6 after me when I am o 7 . However, my brother has no one to take care of his f 8 .” So, each night he also took a bag of rice and put it into his brother’s store-room.
Several months passed by. They found i 9 strange that their rice never became less. Then, one dark night the two brothers happen to meet each other. Slowly they began to understand what was happening. Their bags fell onto the ground and tears f 10 their eyes at once.
1.________ 2.________ 3.________ 4.________ 5.________
6.________ 7.________ 8.________ 9.________ 10.________
How to make fruit salad
(A) 1. instruction(s) 2. crazy 3. secret 4. balloons 5. attended
(B) 1. impolite 2. unhappy 3. inactive 4. boring 5. himself
(C) 1.trying 2. not talk 3. putting 4. don’t touch 5.spelling
1—5 BBBBB 6—10 ACCCB 11—15 BBCDC
1. Ought; to 2. Don’t 3. on his own 4. impolite 5. spent; on/doing
1. stands for 2.is crazy about 3. make; mistake 4. filling, with 5. keeping scrects
1—5 CBCDA 6—10 DCCBD
A. 1—5 ABCCA
B. 1. Five
2. When we feel sad, they can tell funny jokes to make us happy.
3. He looks as good as my father.
4. understand them easily
5. Xu Meng
1. family 2. right 3. alone 4. went 5. between
6. look 7. old 8. family 9. it 10. filled
One possible version:
How to make fruit salad
First, you have to get a big bowl t ready. Wash up the apples ,and cut them into small pieces. Next, put them into the big bowl. You can also add some more fruit you like, such as pears, grapes, pineapples, etc. Cut them into small pieces too and put them into the bowl. Take out a bottle of cream and pour it in the bowl. Mix the fruit and cream together. Now the apple salad is finished!