1. Jim is _____ honest boy in my class. He bought me _____ useful book as a birthday present.
A. a, an B. an, a C. a, a D. an, an
2. --What do you think of the fish? --It looks________ , but I don’t know if it tastes .
A. well, nice B. well, delicious C. delicious, good D. nice, well
3. We are not sure if it ______tomorrow. If it______, we won’t climb the South Hill.
A. will snow; snows B. will snow; will snow C. snows; snows D. snows; will snow
4. –With 4G mobile phones, people can even see each other as they talk.
–Really? Would you show me it, please?
A. how to use B. when to use C. where to use D. what to use
5. The rich man much food the poor families during the hard time.
A. provides; at B. provides; with C. provided; with D. provided; for
6. —Shall I get you a cup of tea? —______, I’ll do it myself.
A. Yes, please B. Good idea C. No, thanks D. Never mind
7. _______ of the work_______ too hard for me, so I can't finish it without any help.
A. Sixty percent; is B. Sixty percents; are C. Sixty percents; is D. Sixty percent; are
8.——What should I do, doctor? —— _______fit ,you should take more exercise.
A. Keep B. Keeping C. To keep D. In order to
9. Do it now. __________, it will be too late.
A. While B. Otherwise C. Yet D. So
10. ——Where is John? ——He__________ be reading books in the library, but I’m not sure.
A. must B. may C. can D. should
11. ——Lisa, hand in your homework, please. ——Oh, sorry. I _______ it home this morning.
A. forgot B. left C. put D. kept
12. A true friend can see the pain in your eyes_____ everyone else believes the smile on your face.
A. while B. because C. before D. after
13. The furniture is so large that it takes up ____________.
A. too many rooms B. too many spaces C. too much rooms D. too much space
14.Wild animals have __________ living areas. Instead, the number of the farms is getting _________.
A. a few; fewer B. many; smaller C. less; more and more D. fewer and fewer; larger
15．- Mr Green has _____one-year-old son, doesn’t he? - Yes, and he also has ______eight-year-old daughter.
A. a, a B. an, a C. a, an D. an, an
16．Alice didn’t go to the park _____ her illness.
A. because B. but C. so D. because of
17. -- is there any water in the bottle? --__________.
A. Nothing B. No C. None D. No one
18．--I’m sorry I ______ my exercise book at home. ---Don’t forget _______ it to school tomorrow, please.
A. forgot, to take B. left, to bring C. forgot, to bring D. left, to take
19．--- Will it be sunny this afternoon? --- It _______ fine. Who knows? The weather always changes quickly.
A. must be B. will be C. may be D. maybe
20．You can call me_______58848312 or email me______ Lucy @ sina. com .
A. at, on B. by, on C. on, at D. on, on
21．I find _____ not easy to answer this question in English.
A. that B. it C. its D. this
22．She is better than you___________ Singing and dancing，I’m afraid．
A．at B．in C．of D．by
23．—Laura didn’t join in their dancing last night，did she?
—___________，because she fell off her bike and hurt her legs
A．Yes，she did B．No，she didn’t C．Yes，she didn’t． D．No，she did
24．I hope__________ my birthday party next Saturday．
A．you to come to B．that you to come C．you come D．that you can come to
25. If you have a chance to travel to Italy , you had better visit_______.
A. the Leaning Tower of Pisa B. the Little Mermaid
C. the Tower Bridge D. the Statue of Liberty
26. —Did you know anything about the accident?
—Just a little. I didn’t know much about it _______ I was not there that day.
A. because B. until C. if D. after
27.Millie is a____ girl. She always gives____ to others.
A. cheerful, delight B. cheer, delight C. cheerful, delightful D. cheer, delightful
28. –How did he finish the work? --I hear that he did it _______.
A.in the own B.on the own C.of his own D.on his own
29. For a long time I found _____ agree with Mum’s ideas.
A.hard B.it hard C.it hard to D.it is hard to
30. –Mum, must I stay there the whole day? --No, you ____. You _____ come back after lunch, if you like.
A. mustn’t, can B.needn’t, must C.needn’t, may D. mustn’t, should
31.If I don’t buy them, _____ will buy them.
A.else someone B.else anyone C.someone else D.anyone else
32.I think everybody should ______ to protect wild animals.
A. take action B.act C.do something D.all the above
33. ____ wonderful news report he wrote!
A. What a B. What C. How D. How a
34. I failed in the exam. But my mother ___ me to try again.
A. keeps moving B. kept encouraging C. kept stopping D. keeps making
35. It was raining hard outside. I _____ stay at home.
A. must B. have to C. had to D. can
36. Please tell me _________.
A. to choose which one B. which one to choose
C. which one do you choose D. you choose which one
37. The ___ old man lives in a _____ house ______.
A. lonely, lonely, alone B. lonely, alone, alone C. alone, lonely, lonely D. alone, lonely, alone
38. I couldn’t complete the house your support.
A. decorating; with B. to decorate; with C. decorating; without D. to decorate; without
39. Shanghai is bigger than in Jiangsu and bigger than in China.
A. any city; any city B. any city; any other city
C. any other city; the other cities D. any other city; any city
40.The children are making __________. How __________ they are playing!
A. too much noise; noisily B. too much noise; noisy
C. much too noise; noisy D. much too noisy; noise
41. “The children are playing in the park.”The main structure of the sentence is______.
A.S+V B.S+V+DO+OC C.S+V+IO+DO D.S+V+P
Tina was the best speed-walking partner I could ever meet. But I could never understand my friend's habit of 1 while we walked.
Together we walked all over the town and even entered a marathon(马拉松）together，a full 26 miles, but she did give me a list to take with me. She told me that it 2 her a lot. I thought it would just slow us down. I 3 it along to the starting line. Twenty-six cheering ideas, one for every mile. I wasn’t really planning to slow myself down with all those ideas but I didn’t want to hurt Tina’s feelings, so I kept her 4 .
I walked the first mile of the 5 in 12 minutes—a new personal record. I looked at Tina’s cheering list when I checked my watch. 6 was simply Yourself. It did give me a good start to the race, I thought. I thanked Tina for her cheering list. If I finished the race, I would thank her for the 7 she gave me. By the time I finished the second mile, my husband and kids were cheering me on. It just so happened that “ 8 ” was the next one on Tina’s cheering list. I had lots of things to be ready for them.
The next mile flew by, then the next and the next, each with a cheering idea. But by the time I neared the final mile? I was nearly out of breath. “I don’t know if I can 9 the last mile,” I thought. In despair(绝望）I looked at the final cheering idea on Tina’s list，now sweaty in my hand: You just can make it!
I finished the marathon in less than six hours. I thought the cheering list would slow me down. ___10___, it carried me past the finishing line.
1. A. cheering B. smiling C. shouting D. chatting
2. A. taught B. saved C. calmed D. helped
3. A. hid B. gave C. moved D. carried
4. A. promise B.list C.word D. idea
5. A. round B.circle C.race D. road
6. A. At the back B.At the top C.In the beginning D. In the past
7. A. task B.strength C.thought D. way
8. A. Team B.House C.Family D. Home
9. A. have B.gain C.finish D. put
10. A. Besides B.Instead C.Later D. Again
Too many people want others to be their friends, but they don’t give friendship back. That is why some friendships don’t last very long. To have a friend, you must learn to treat your friend the way you want your friend to treat you. Learning to be a good friend means learning three rules: be honest; be generous; be understanding.
Honesty is where a good friendship starts. Friends must be able to trust one another. If you don’t tell the truth, people usually find out. If a friend finds out that you haven’t been honest, you may lose your friend’s trust. Good friends always count on one another to speak and act honestly.
Generosity means sharing and sharing makes a friendship grow. You don’t have to give your lunch money or your clothes, or enjoyments, like your hobbies and your interests. Naturally you will want to share your ideas and feelings. These can be very valuable to a friend. They tell your friend what is important to you. By sharing them, you help your friend know you better.
Sooner or later everyone needs understanding and help with a problem. Something may go wrong at school. Talking about the problem can make it easier to solve. Turning to a friend can be a first step in solving the problem. So to be a friend you must listen and understand. You must try to put yourself in your friend’s place so you can understand the problem better.
No two friendships are ever exactly alike. But all true friendships have three things in common. If you plan to keep your friendships, you must practice honesty, generosity and understanding.
1. Some friendships don’t last very long because_______.
A. they don’t know friendship is something serious
B. there are too many people who want to make friends
C. those who give others friendships receive friendships from others
D. those who never give others friendships receive no friendship from others
2. According to the passage, honesty is________.
A. something countable B. the base of a friendship
C. as important as money D. more important than anything else
3. Which of the following is NOT true in the passage?
A. Always tell your friend the truth.
B. Sharing your mind with your friend is of great value.
C. A friend who gives you his lunch money is a true friend.
D. Discussing your problems with your friend often helps to solve the problem.
4. What does the word “them” refer to in the third paragraph?
A. your ideas and feelings. B. your hobbies and interests.
C. your lunch money and clothes. D. your clothes and enjoyments.
5. The best title of this passage is________.
A. How to Be a Friend B. Honesty Is the Best Habit
C. Three Important Points in Life D. A Friend in Need Is a Friend Indeed
My best friend and I made our first trip to Ireland less than a year ago. I wasn’t very excited about it at the very beginning. But my uncle wanted me to visit Ireland and offered to pay for my trip. Then I did. All of the words “magical, charming and memorable” don’t even describe what Ireland is. Our favourites were Kilkenny, Cobh and Killarney. We did a self-driver tour.
We stayed in a castle in Dublin for two days, where my ancestors(祖先) came from. The town we thought we might be bored in was Kilkenny, but we loved every minute we were there. There were so many places to explore and the pictures we took were beautiful.
It was so exciting to see the little village of Cobh and know it was the last stop for the Titanic(a famous ship) at that time. We loved the visitor centre there and the little shops. We never got any bad food there. It was so mouth-watering at every stop! And when we stayed in Westmeath, we saw the Trim Castle through the windows and found some scenes from Brave Heart which was filmed there. We were so excited. Again, more beautiful pictures were taken in that tiny town.
We love the country, the people, the food and the magic. We would go back very soon. I was so thankful for my uncle who had given me the chance to be there.
I have no words to adequately describe our trip. Go, explore the small villages, eat and enjoy! I still look at my pictures and can’t believe I was actually there.
1. What can we learn from the first paragraph?
A. The writer showed great interest in visiting Ireland at first.
B. It was the first time for the writer to visit Ireland.
C. The writer went to Ireland with his uncle.
D. The car was driven by the writer’s uncle.
2. Which of the following could best show that the writer was really interested in Kilkenny?
A. There were so many strangers there to meet. B. There were so many beautiful pictures there to take.
C. We thought we might be bored in Kilkenny. D. We loved every minute we were there.
3. What can we know from the third paragraph?
A. The Titanic was filmed in Cobh. B. The food in Cobh was delicious.
C. The writer knew nothing about Brave Heart. D. The writer visited the Trim Castle alone.
4. What does the underlined word “adequately” in the last paragraph mean?
A. properly B. strongly C. warmly D. surprisingly
5. Where does the article most probably come from?
A. A scientific fiction. B. A tourist magazine. C. A poem. D. A poster.
Life is full of surprises and you never know how things will turn out .
Sir John Gurdon is a good example of this. As a boy, he was told he was hopeless at science and finished bottom of his class. Now, aged 79, the very same Gurdon shared the 2012 Nobel Prize in Medicine with Japanese stem cell(干细胞) researcher Shinya Yamanaka.
Like so many scientists, Gurdon shows us where the power of curiosity and perseverance (坚持不懈)can lead.
At the age of 15 in 1948, Gurdon ranked last out of the 250 boys at his high school in biology and every other science subject. Gurdon’s high school science teacher even said that his dream of becoming a scientist was“quite ridiculous”.
In spite of his teacher’s criticisms，Gurdon followed his curiosity and kept working hard. He went to the lab early and left later than anyone else. He experienced thousands of failures.
“My own belief is that we will, in the end, understand everything about how cells actually work,” Gurdon said.
In 1962, Gurdon took a cell from an adult frog and moved its genetic(基因的）information into an egg cell. The egg cell then grew into a clone(克隆) of the adult frog. This technique later helped to create Dolly the sheep in 1996, the first cloned mammal(哺乳动物）in the world.
In 2006，Gurdon’s work was developed by Yamanaka to show that a sample(样本）of a person’s skin can be used to create stem cells. Using this technique, doctors can repair a patient’s heart after a heart attack.
Luck favors the prepared mind Gurdon told the Nobel Prize Organization. “Ninety percent of the time things don’t work，but when they do，you have to seize(抓住）the chance.”
1. Who won the 2012 Nobel Prize in Medicine?
A. Sir John Gurdon B. Shiny a Yamanaka.
C. Sir John Gurdon and Shinya YamanakaD. Gurdon’s science teacher.
2. In what order are the followings mentioned in the passage?
a. create the sheep Dolly b. take a cell from an adult frog c. use a person’s skin to create stem cells
d. move a frog’s genetic information into an egg cell e. grow into a clone of a frog
A. b—a—c—d—e B. b—d—e—a—c C. b—d—a—p—e D. b—c—d—a—c
3. What does the underlined word “ridiculous” mean?
A.无知的 B.无畏的 C.荒废的 D.荒谬的
4. According to the passage, which statement is true?
A. As a boy, he was told he was hopeful.
B. He ranked first at his high school in biology.
C. It’s impossible for the doctors to repair a patient’s heart after a heart attack.
D. In spite of-his teacher's criticisms, he kept working hard.
5. What’s the main idea of the passage?
A. Ninety percent of the time things don’t work. B. Luck favors the prepared mind
C. Life is full of surprises. D. How to know cells actually work.
1. You are ___________ (不受欢迎的) if you drop litter carelessly in the wetlands.
2. We should have a ____________ (讨论) to where to go.
3. Please write down your _________ (地址)on the paper, boys and girls.
4. Every year a number of people die of different __________ （疾病）.
5. When Lily arrived, Nick was sitting __________ (舒服地) in the big chair.
6.Everyone knows that practice makes _____________(完美的).
7.Thank you for ____________(描述) the beauty in this area to us.
8.The wild animals in danger need lots of ____________(保护) most.
9. Don’t make any noise! Let him________ (继续)to talk.
10.We all hope to live in a_______(和平的) world. We hate wars.
11.Sometimes he is _______(不友好的)to his friends.
12．It’s_________(不必要)to wash your hair every day
13．Our teacher often___________(鼓励)us to speak English as often as possible．
14．The__________(美丽，美)of the woman surprised us very much．
15. There was a lot of (野生生物)in the wild thousands of years ago.
16. You have to look ___________(从头到尾) the questions before answering them.
17. We hope you can (接受)our invitation and join us.
18. ________(行动) speak louder than words.
19. She________(介绍) her boyfriend to her parents but they didn’t like him.
20. They need to have further (讨论)before they decide where to go.
21. How many (科学家) names can you think of?
22. The Chinese ____________(政府) will help people in Yuyao by rebuilding their houses.
23. It was an ________ (糟糕的) day for them yesterday because they lost the game.
1. __________ ( talk) with your parents often is a good way to make them understand you.
2. Finally , the heavy rain ____________ (lead)to a flood.
3. The ________(lose) of his job didn’t make him worry a lot, he thought he could change this.
4.I think the new camera is one of the _____________(tour) over there. Please return it to him.
5.She has a __________ (nature) ability to understand the motive(动机) of others.
6.The doctors are all trying their best to save the _________(die) man at the moment.
7.Sorry, I can’t pay the bill for you because I have little money_________(leave).
8. Our geography teacher told us everything ________(weigh) more on the earth than on the moon.
9. The school art festival is coming. The students each _______ (prepare) for it at present.
10.We should prevent hunters _________(hunt) tigers for their fur and bones.
11. Daniel, never _________(lose) yourself in computer games or your parents will be angry with you.
12. Who can hold the party if Mr. White ____________ ( not be) here this afternoon?
13. I have no idea what __________(happen) in one hundred years.
14. An elephant has poor eyesight but good ________ and smell. (hear)
15. My sister agreed __________(see)the film with me next Sunday .
16. We should spend as much as we can (learn) English well.
17. We should prevent the flood (wash) away our houses .
18. Good friends should share________ (happy) with each other.
19.As it was even________ (fog), it took me longer to get to school.
20. _______(win) the game, he spent most of his free time practicing a lot.
21. They _______(plan) to go on a walking tour next weekend, arent’ they?
22. –Oh, how delicious the food you made ________(taste)! --Thank you!
23. Didn’t your teacher tell all of your classmates ________(not shout) in the wetlands.
24. All the students were so brave when (face)the problems.
25. The chairperson did as much as he could (prevent) the bad things .
26. Can you tell me when he (arrive)this afternoon?
27. He was so (terrible) hurt that he couldn’t walk any more.
28. I heard them (chat) on the phone when I walked past their bedroom.
29. The girl with her family members (sit) at the table when I saw them yesterday.
30. You’d better _________(not hurt)the wild animals.
31. — Why did they get up so early this morning? — _______(watch) the sunrise (日出) on the top of the hill.
You should go back the same way as you came, otherwise you will _______ ________ _________ .
Cold weather makes birds ________ _________ ___________ winter .
Our school has _______ ________ __________ for summer holiday than theirs.
I was so excited that I ______ _______ _______ ________ ________.
Take a notebook with you ______ ______ ______ _______ _____ _________.
You ______ ______ ______ _______ ______ ___________.
In fact, they didn’t agree ______ _________ _________join the club in the beginning.
Yesterday’s heavy rain ______ some _______ _________ the meeting on time.
We are now encouraging more ______ _______ ________these birds.
Thank you _____________________________________________the children in poor areas.
I think it’s _____________________________ than to do it alone.
_____________________________________________ some serious social problems.
Hobbies are activities（活动）, which we do in our free time. There are so many kinds of hobbies one can choose for his or her own. Some hobbies are really expensive, and some are even dangerous.
The most popular hobbies in our country are as follows:
Collecting hobbies We can collect a lot of things. Usually people collect the stamps, postcards or coins. Some people collect unusual things like old cars, old motorbikes or other interesting things, which could be very expensive.
Art hobbies Going to the theatre, concert（音乐会）, opera; playing some instrument ( the most popular instrument is guitar ); painting, writing, poetry. There are many clubs—such as singing, dancing, etc.
Sports games Everybody do some sport activities—sport can keep us fit. Many students are members of a sports club—basketball, volleyball or swimming.
The other popular hobby is watching TV or a video, playing computer or video games, but it is not so good for your eyes and your mind. Many people here like to spend their free time reading books, magazines and newspapers. Some people like listening to music better. Going out can be very expensive now.
Many students would like to make use of their hobbies in their future jobs, e.g. working with computer, but it is not so easy. Hobbies are very important for everybody. A man would be very poor without a hobby and would not be pleased.
Title 1 for Us to Choose From
Introduction There are many hobbies one can choose: expensive or dangerous.
2 _ body
Collecting hobbies Many people like 3 stamps, postcards or coins.
Some people like to collect 4 things, such as old cars, old motorbikes, etc.
Art hobbies We can go to the theatre, concert or opera.
We can also learn to play some instrument.
Some have 5 painting, writing or poetry.
Going to 6 for entertainment（娱乐）is also very interesting.
Sports games We can take part in some sports activities or 7 sports clubs.
Other hobbies Watching TV or a video and playing computer or video games are interesting things to do, but not too much, for they may be 8 for our eyes and mind.
We can choose to 9 or enjoy music for pleasure.
Conclusion For many students hobbies are 10 for their future jobs.
Hobbies are important for everyone, without which we would be poor and not pleased.
How can we students keep ourselves safe? Here are some t 1 .
On your way home or to school: W 2 for the green traffic light, and look left and right before you cross the road. If you see a car coming, don’t cross until it is really safe. Dress in bright colours, so the drivers can see you c 3 .
At school: When students around you begin to push, try to hold onto something, or stay in a safer corner. If you fall down in a crowded（拥挤的）place, cover your head with b 4 hands.
When there’s a fire: Stay c 5 and leave quickly. Use a piece of wet cloth to cover your mouth and nose so that you don’t take in s 6 . If your clothes catch fire, please drop to the ground and roll from side to side to put out the fire.
For eating: Wash fruit like apples or g 7 carefully before you eat them. Check the expiration dates（保质期）and if your food looks or smells t 8 , don’t eat it.
For riding on the escalator（自动扶梯）: Hold onto the handrails（扶手）. It is d 9 to run up and
down on them. You may fall down because escalator steps（台阶）are not fit for r 10 .
要点：1. 盐城， 江苏北部的一个城市，以其拥有的湿地而出名。最大湿地面积4，500多
一、BCAAD CACBB BADDC DCBCC BABDA AADCC CDABC BACBA A
三、A) DBCAA B) BDBAB C) CBDDB
四、A) unwelcome discussion. addresses . Talking . led .loss .perfect .describing . protection continue peaceful unfriendly unnecessary encourages beauty wildlife through accept action introduced discussion scientists’ government awful
B) Talking led .loss .tourists’ .natural .dying .left .weighs .are preparing hunting lose .isn’t .will happen hearing to see learning washing happiness foggier. To win are planning tastes not to shout
Not hurt to watch
五、1. get lost easily 2. fly south for 3. fewer weeks off.4. Kept spelling the words wrong5. (In order) to write down what you see.6. had better face this serious problem. 7.to let us 8stopped/prevented scientists attending 9 tourists to describe 10 for providing so many useful books for 11.better to work as a team 12.Less and less living space will lead to
六、 1、Hobbies 2、Main 3、collecting 4、unusual 5、fun6、clubs 7、join 8、bad 9、read 10、useful
七、1. tips 2. Wait 3. clearly 4. both 5. calm 6. smoke 7. grapes 8. terrible 9. dangerous 10. running
八、Yancheng is a city in the north of Jiangsu . It is famous for its wetlands. The biggest wetland there has an area of more than 45,000 hectares. It’s an ideal home for many rare birds.
There are a lot of insects and many kinds of plants in the wetland. They provide birds with enough food. （So） there are lots of birds living in the wetlands. A lot of red-crowned cranes stay here all rear round.
Now the number of birds is getting smaller and smaller. We should take actions to protect our wetlands. If we don’t, it will be impossible to see many rare birds in the future.