1. He plays _____ volleyball well while his father is good at playing ______ piano.
A. /, / B. /, the C. the, / D. the, the
2. --- Do you know that Mr. Wang passed _______ last Sunday?
--- Yes. He died ________ a serious illness.
A. away; of B. on; from C. by; with D. off; as
3. The teacher asked the students to _______ a dialogue with the words on the blackboard.
A. give up B. put up C. make up D. look up
4. --- What shall we do now?.
--- _______ it’s raining now, let’s stay at home.
A. So B. Since C. Though D. I f
5. The football match will be covered by CCTV-5 tonight.
A. lively B. live C. living D. alive
6. --- When shall we go to watch the football match in the sports centre?
--- Not until the work __________.
A. is finished B. will be finished C. finishes D. has finished
7. A young lady was found __________ in her house. Maybe she killed herself.
A. died B. death C. dying D. dead
8. ----Not only his parents but also he __________ that he can make a good accountant.
---- I agree. He loves working with numbers.
A. think B. thinks C. don’t think D. doesn’t think
9. Take a map with you while traveling ________ you have a guide or know the city well.
A. since B. if C. unless D. because
10. I AM A SINGER is _______ an interesting TV show_______ many people like watching it.
A. so, that B. too, to C. /, that D. such, that
11. --- I don’t like watching TV ads.
---__________. I think watching TV ads is just a waste of time.
A. So I do B. Neither do I C. Neither did I D. So did I
12. Do you know the boy ______is playing football over there?.
A. who B. which C. that D. A and C
13. --- I would rather than dance. What about you?
--- Me too. I prefer singing to .
A. sing; to dance B. sing; dancing C. singing; dance D. to sing, to dance
14. ---Would you please tell me ________________?
---Bus No. 22 will take you there.
A. who will we go with to Star Theater B. when we will leave for the Water Forest
C. what can we see in Wetland Park D. how we can get to the Old Street
15. --- I hope that I will have millions of dollars and I can buy my private plane.
--- _________________. You should be realistic (现实的).
A. That’s very kind of you B. In your dreams
C. You are welcome D. Thank you all the same
Online shopping is more and more popular. You can shop without 16 your house. Just sit in front of your computer, click your 17 and your things will be sent to your house in several days.
Last November 11th, many online shops offered a big discount and free delivery(邮递) 18 . The biggest online shopping sites in China, taobao.com and tmall.com, sold 19 worth 19.1 billion yuan in total.
“Goods(商品) online are often mu ch cheaper. It also 20 me a lot of time. And we can choose 21 goods online than in shopping malls.” said Wang Xin, an online shopping lover in Beijing. She 22 late for a lot of cheap goods online.
Anothe r big 23 of online shopping is that it helps people get things from different places 24 . “I like eating duck necks very much and Taobao makes it 25 for me to buy them from shops in Wuhan.” said Zhang Xi, a girl in Yangzhou.
While enjoying online shopping, many people also have worr ies, 26 for middle school student buyers. Young students are easily attracted by advertisements on the Internet and 27 things they don’t need.
“Middle school students 28 pay more attention to their stud ies. Searching for things wastes their time,” said Jing Chunling, an education expert. “Besides, online shop owners do not know the 29 of their buyers. Anyone can easily buy things they want. Some of the goods are 30 for young students such as cigarettes and wine.”
16. A. leaving B. reaching C. returning D. arriving
17. A. head B. mouth C. mouse D. printer
18. A. price B. address C. job D. service
19. A. clothes B. things C. food D. shoes
20. A. takes B. spends C. needs D. saves
21. A. many B. more C. much D. most
22. A. looked up B. got up C. stayed up D. stood up
23. A. advantage B. problem C. result D. example
24. A. easily B. finally C. carefully D. difficultly
25. A. important B. interesting C. possible D. impossible
26. A. certainly B. simply C. luckily D. especially
27. A. sell B. steal C. buy D. borrow
28. A. can B. should C. could D. would
29. A. places B. hobbies C. interests D. ages
30. A. good B. bad C. useful D. helpful
BBC News on TV, radio and online often brings you stories from across the world. Today we can hear “Life in China”. Have you got a story about life in China today? If you do, please put your stories here.
Wu Peng, Anhui
I am a 14-year-old boy from a poor village in Anhui Province. Like many other left-behind children in China, I live with my grandparents now. My parents went to work in Shanghai several years ago. They call me twice a month to ask about my study. I really miss my parents and I hope I can go to school in Shanghai. I think every child needs parents’ love and care.
I like traveling and I have traveled a lot around China. During the trip, I often find that a number of Chinese often break the rules in p ublic. For example, when I traveled in Hong Kong this year, I saw a kid eating noodles on the underground, which was against the rules. However, the kid’s mother didn’t think she did wrong. Can you believe it? Let’s improve our public manners.
These days, we’re asked to “clear our plates” when having our meals and say no to wasting. Some of us used to order more than what we could eat. That was a big waste of food. Now we need to finish the food we order. We should also stop wasting in some other ways. For example, we should turn off the lights when we leave the classroom.
31. How does Wu Peng contact his parents according to the passage?
A. By writing letters. B. On the telephone.
C. On the Internet. D. By sending text messages.
32. Who thought it was not right to eat on the underground?
A. Cindy. B. Mike. C. Wu Peng. D. The kid’s mother
33. What does Mike want people to do?
A. Care about left-behind children B. Obey the rules in public.
C. Improve their public manners D. Stop wasting
A famous foreign company in China wanted a Clerk for its public relation department (部门).
A beautiful girl with a master's degree(硕士学位) went through a lot of challenges and her name was on the list. In the final stage she faced an interview together with another girl. Both of them were outstanding, not only in looks but also in education.
The girl was successful in the interview. It seemed that she would get the chance. At last the examiner asked her, "Can you come to the office next Monday?" Shocked by the unexpected question, the beautiful girl couldn't make a decision at the moment, so she said, "I have to talk with my parents before I give an answer. " The examiner felt surprised but said calmly, "If so, let' s wait till you are ready. "
The next day, the girl came to tell the examiner that her parents had agreed to let her begin work next Monday. But the examiner said regretfully (遗憾地), "Sorry, another suitable candidate (选手)has got the job . You had better try another place. "The beautiful girl was surprised. She asked for an explanation and was told, “What is needed here is a person who knows her own mind.”
That was how a good chance right under the nose of a beautiful girl ran away.
34. We can learn from the passage that__________.
A. the company lost its best clerk B. no girl got the job
C. the other girl who failed at the last interview might get the job
D. the examiner was very pleased with the girl
35. The underlined phrase "right under the nose of" probably means__________.
A. 就在眼前的 B. 想要得到的 C. 没有把握的 D. 就在鼻子下
36. The best title for the passage above might be___________.
A. Make Decisions With Your Parents B. A Successful Interview
C. Use Your Own Mind D. Answer the Examiner's Question Quick
It was Christmas Eve. When everyone went to bed, Bunny couldn’t fall asleep. He still couldn’t think of what he wanted as a special Christmas present. He wondered how Santa — Father Christmas would know what to bring him if he didn’t know himself.
As he was sitting up in bed, Bunny heard a big noise on the roof(屋顶) and a sound downstairs. It was Santa Claus, he realized. Bunny jumped out of bed and ran down the hall to the stairs. He hoped to take a look at the old man before Santa left for his next stop.
By the time Bunny was at the bottom of the stairs, everything was silent again. Lots of presents were put under the Christmas tree, but Santa was gone. A little disappointed(失望的), Bunny turned to climb back upstairs when he heard a cry.
“Hello,” said Bunny. “Is somebody there?”
He was answered by another cry. Bunny looked around the big pile of presents to see what was making the noise. Right under the tree was a funny looking brown animal with big feet and sad eyes. It also had antlers(鹿角) on its head. Bunny almost mistook it for a dog.
“Are you a reindeer?” asked Bunny.
“Yes,” replied the brown animal with antlers. “My name is Ralph.”
“And you were pulling Santa’s sled(雪橇)?”
“I was until I got air-sick,” replied Ralph. “Santa had to leave me here and go on with the other seven reindeer.”
“Isn’t it a bit unusual for a reindeer to get air-sick? I mean, isn’t flying what reindeer are famous for?”
“Not me, I’m afraid. It makes me scared. I always feel sick when it comes to flying,” replied Ralph. “But everyone wanted me to pull Santa’s sled, so when it was my turn I gave it a try. I’m afraid I just wasn’t cut out for the job. Now I’m stuck here and I don’t know how t o get back to the North Pole.”
“Well, if you like, you can stay with us as a friend,” said Bunny. As he made the offer, Bunny suddenly realized the special present he wanted from Santa was a new friend!
37. Why couldn’t Bunny fall asleep on Christmas Eve?
A. He wanted to take a close look at Santa Claus.
B. He was waiting for his special present from his father.
C. He was thinking about what present to get from Santa.
D. He was woken up by a noise on the roof of his house.
38. The underlined phrase “cut out” probably means .
A. suitable B. famous C. ready D. bad
39. What can we learn from the article?
A. Ralph is a brown dog with antlers.
B. Ralph is afraid of flying in the air.
C. Bunny got a sled as a Christmas present.
D. Bunny sent Ralph back to the North Pole.
40. This article seems to tell us that .
A. Santa lives in the South Pole with his reindeer
B. Santa usually puts Christmas presents on the roofs
C. Santa uses dogs to bring children presents on Christmas Eve
D. Santa knows what presents children want without being told
41. The classroom looks u__________ and the teacher is very angry.
42. —Do you know Fan Bingbing and Zhao Wei?
—Yes. They are my favourite (女演员).
43. Yang Liping is one of the most famous __________ (舞蹈者) in China.
44. It’s reported that a young girl has gone _________ (丢失的) in Yangzhou.
45. The sports meeting has been _____________ (取消) because of the heavy rain.
46. We can ask our teachers for help _____________ (at any time) we meet problems.
47. Jackie Chan’s a________________ are far more than the film industry.
48. In November, 2014 APEC was ________________ (成功) held in Beijing.
49. I have heard the ________________ (latest) news about this film on radio.
50. Could you tell me the _______________(导演) telephone number? I want to talk to him.
51. Do you know the ____________ (true) of the murder in West Town?
52. The people around the world hate wars. Everyone wishes to live _____________ (peace).
53. The film Speed and Furious 7 is worth __________ (see) twice.
54. Have you noticed the ___________ (sad) on her face? What has happened to her?
55. Marry will give me a call as soon as she _____________ (arrive) in New York tomorrow.
56. The murderer _________________ (catch) by the police at last.
57. They can’t go with us now. They _______________ (not finish) the work yet.
58. She got many presents on her ___ (twenty) birthday.
59. You have no choice but ____ (study) hard if you want to enter your ideal school.
60. Daniel _________________ (watch) TV when his father came into the room.
Sandy ___________________________ painting, she can paint very well.
Hepburn ___________________________ an angel in the film Always.
Jackie Chan __________________________ his films
Someone ______________________ his house and took away his computer last night.
Bruce ____________________________ all of his neighbours.
It’s al ways said that reading is good for teenagers. Have you ever really thought why that’s true? Here are some advantages of reading.
Improving language skills.
Reading can help you study grammar, vocabulary and so on. It’s very helpful for you to build up the knowledge of the language. Besides, the more you read, the more quickly you’ll find the information you want in the books.
Providing fun and relaxation.
Reading books takes you to a new world where you can forget tiredness and fear. You can give a new ending to the story, or even imagine you’re the main character of the story. That will give you much relaxation and improve your imagination.
Improving computer skills.
Reading through the computer is becoming more and more popular. You can find any kind of information on the Internet. Surfing the Internet can help you develop computer skills that you’ll need at school and in the future life.
Knowing the outside world.
Books can tell you about people from other parts of the world. Through books, you can learn what happened in the past and what is happening around the world.
Increasing social skills.
Books are good teachers, so reading good books can teach you how to b e successful and how to deal with bad situations. It’s easier for you to find your ways.
Title: Advan¬tages of (66)________
Improving language skills. ● Helping you learn (67) , vocabulary and so on.
● Helping you build up the(68) of the language.
and relaxation. ●Taking you to a new world where you can forget tiredness and fear.
●Making you (70) and imaginative.
Improving computer skills. Helping you develop (71) skills.
The outside world. ●Helping you learn about (72) and the current（现今的） world.
●Increasing your knowledge.
social skills. ●Teaching you how to be (73) and how to (74) with problems.
● Making you (75) up with way s to sol ve problems easily.
66. _________ 67. _________ 68. __________ 69. __________ 70. _________
71. _________ 72. _________ 73. _________ 74. _________ 75. __________
2. 最喜爱的节目是《体育世界》（spo rts world），每周大约花2小时看电视。
4. 看电视也可以使我们放松，还可以…. …。
6. 看电视还影响… …。
一、 单项选择（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，计 15 分）
1—15 BACBB ADBCD BDBDB
二、完形填空（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，计 15 分）
16—30 ACABD BCAAC DCBDB
三、阅读理解 （共10 小题，每小题2 分，计20 分）
31—33 BAD 34—36 CAC 37—40 CABD
四、词汇（共 20 小题，每小题 0.5分，计10 分）
41. untidy 42. actresses 43. dancers 44. missing 45. cancelled
46. whenever 47. achievements 48. successfully 49. up-to-date 50. director’s
51. truth 52. peacefully 53. seeing 54. sadness 55. arrives
56. was caught 57. haven’t finished 58. twentieth 59. to study 60. was watching
五、根据所给汉语提示完成下列句子（共5 小题，每小题1 分，计5 分）
61. has a (real) gift for 66. played the role of
63. is famous / known for 64. broke into
65. gets along/on (well) with
六、任务型阅读 （共10 小题，每小题0.5 分，计5 分）
66. reading 67. grammar 68. knowledge 69. fun 70. relaxed
71. computer 72. history 73. successful 74. deal 75. come
七、书面表达 （共l 题，计 15 分）