Part 1 Listening （第一部分 听力）
I. Listening comprehension (听力理解) (共30 分)
A. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片) (6 分)
1. ______ 2. ______ 3. ______ 4. ______ 5. ______ 6. ______
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案)：(8分)
7. A) Apple. B) Chocolate. C) Chocolate cake. D) Apple pie.
8. A) Go shopping. B) Watch TV. C) See a film. D) Have a picnic.
9. A) 8:00. B) 8:15. C) 8:20. D) 10:30.
10. A) In a meeting room. B) In a reading room. .
C) In a booking office. D) In a police office.
11. A) By going on a diet. B) By eating fruit .
C) By having fewer meals. D) By running regularly.
12. A) Doctor and patient. B) Mother and son.
C) Husband and wife. D) Teacher and student.
13. A) Because she'll work. B) Because she'll have a meeting.
C) Because she doesn't want to. D) Because she doesn't feel well.
14. A) He was warned not to be late for work. B) He was asked to work longer hours.
C) He lost his job because he was very lazy. D) He was praised for his services.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断
下列句子是否符合你听到的内容, 符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示) (6分)
15. The rilm Born in China was about pandas, Rhinopithecus (金
丝猴)and snow leopards(雪豹).
16. Snow leopards weigh about 15 to 80 kilograms when they
17. Their grey fur with black spots helps them hide among forests
18. They usually go hunting in the daytime and have a rest in the darkness.
19. They're in danger because the climate is changing and the people are hunting them blindly.
20. The passage mainly introduces the rilm Born in China to us and asks us to protect animals.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences（听短文，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词）（10分）
21. Wild tea trees from __________ __________ thousand years ago can still be found in
22. You can __________ __________ lots of teahouses in China, especially in the top tea culture
23. Team China was mainly __________ __________ a medicine before the 8th century BC.
24. A younger person can __________ __________ to an older person by offering a cup of tea.
25. People believe that drinking tea every day could decrease the risk (风险) of __________
Part 2 Phonetics, Vocabulary and Grammar
II．Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案) ：（共20分）
26. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation from others?
A) contact B) manage C) captain D) escape
27. The government is trying to take action to help ______ poor all over the country.
A) a B) an C) the D) /
28. Several thieves broke ______ the bank and stole the safe last night.
A) into B) down C) out D) off
29. The tour guide happened to meet a huge fierce monster ______ Mystery Island.
A) in B) on C) at D) by
30. After I graduate from the senior high school, my father will buy ______ a computer.
A) me B) my C) mine D) myself
31. Because of the snowstorm, they had to stay there for ______ week.
A) another B) other C) others D) the other
32. It's easy to find a nice hotel in Shanghai because we have ______ of them here.
A) few B) little C) many D) much
33. Alice completed the maths test much ______ than her deskmate yesterday.
A) carefully B) more carefully C) most carefully D) the most carefully
34. Sometimes my daughter seems ______, but in fact she feels a little sad.
A) happily B) unhappily C) happiness D) happy
35. We will achieve good marks ______ we keep working hard.
A )even if B) so that C) as long as D) instead of
36. The tree in front of my house ______since my father was born.
A) exists B) existed C) has existed D) had existed
37. The comedy film Never Say Die ______ to theatres on September 30, 2017.
A) comes B) has come C) would come D) came
38. The 16th China Daily National English Speaking Competition ______ soon.
A) will hold B) is held C) be held D) will be held
39. The students plan to spend at least three weeks ______ for the art festival.
A) prepare B) to prepare C) preparing D) will prepare
40. All the factories are not allowed ______ the harmful gas into the air.
A) released B) release C) releasing D) to release
41. ______ attracts so many young Chinese high school students to study abroad?
A) When B) What C) Why D) How
42. This notebook ______ be Tom's. Look at his name on the cover.
A) must B) must C) can D) can't
43. ______ amazing China's high-speed Fuxing Trains are!
A) What B)How C) What a D) What an
44. - I'm really pleased with the progress you're showing this month.
A) Are you kidding? B) Thank you.
C) Don't mention it D) That’s not true.
45. - Would you mind waiting for me a moment? I have to finish this task.
A) Sorry. I’ll catch the last train B) Never mind.
C) It’s my pleasure. , D) You're welcome.
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be used once. (将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空限填一词，每词只能填一次) （共8分）
A) based on B) no longer C) found out D) order E) attractive
As we all know, China has four great inventions in ancient times.
Nowadays, China has "new four great inventions": high-speed railways, electronic payments, shared bicycles and online shopping. They're improving the quality of people’s lives. And they are popular among people, especially the young.
“My wallet is 46 in use. I can buy and eat whatever I want simply with a tap of my phone. Even pancake sellers are using Alipay (支付宝). I can also 47 food at home. It's extremely convenient "
“'The bikes themselves are not new, but operating model of bike-sharing is new. It is 48 satellite navigation system, mobile payment, big data and other high technologies. Shared bikes bring cycling back to people’s lives. They're making public transport more 49 and convenient and encouraging people to be more active."
A) make sure B) addition C) also D) chemicals E) rarely
Do you know why your hair isn't growing? Let me share some reasons with you. First, you're not eating well. Hair health isn't just related to (与……有关)the way you take care of your hair itself, it 50 has something to do with the way you take care of your body, Second, you overheat your hair. Using heat on your hair can weaken and break it. Try using hot tools on your hair only once a week, and 51 you buy products that allow you to control their heat settings. Third, your hair is overprocessed. If you use a lot of different 52 on your hair, your hair might be overprocessed. Fourth, you don't take vitamins. Although vitamins don't always taste great, daily vitamins are actually good for hair growth. Taking a multivitamin daily can be a great 53 to any diet to help improve the quality of one's hair.
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词 的适当形式完成下列句子) (共8分)
54. It's reported that two __________ happened in the town on the same day. (robbery)
55. My mother said to my classmates, "Make __________ at home, please." (you)
56. This is the __________ time for me to see the film Murder on the Orient Express. (two)
57. To begin with, some __________ ideas for a story are necessary. (base)
58. The article will probably be about how to __________ comic strips. (product)
59. We are going to celebrate the __________ of the New Year with a party in a club. (arrive)
60. I haven't heard from my pen friend __________ , so I'm a bit worried about her . (recent)
61. The teacher asked us who was the first European to __________ America. (cover) ,
V. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词) (共14分)
62. I was taking a walk with my friend this time yesterday. (改为一般疑问句)
__________ __________ taking a walk with your friend this time yesterday?
63. Let’s roll up our sleeves to work harder. (改为反意疑问句)
Let's roll up our sleeves to work harder, __________ __________?
64. She tries to improve her memory by using various memorizing methods. (对划线部分提问)
__________ __________ she try to improve her memory?
65. We recycle waste paper in order to protect our environment. (改为被动语态)
Waste paper __________ __________ in order to protect our environment.
66. Mary asked her mother, "Does Father Christmas forgive the dishonest kids?" (改为宾语从句)
Mary asked her mother __________ Father Christmas __________ the dishonest kids.
67. As we all know, China has entered a new era(时代). (保持句意基本不变)
It's __________ __________ that China has entered a new era.
68. us, Chinese history, the famous professor, last Sunday, gave, on, a lecture (连词成句)
Part 3 Reading and Writing
IX. Reading Comprehension (阅读理解)：(共50分)
A. Choose the best answer (根据文章内容，选择最恰当的答案)：(12分)
I'm very thankful to the cat and it always makes me think of the time I was with him.
Five years ago, when my father was dying, I travelled a thousand miles from home to be with him in his last days. I felt very sad and it was one of the most difficult and painful times in my life. After he passed away, I stayed alone in his flat. There were so many things to deal with. I was lonely and I hated the silence of the flat.
But one evening the silence was broken: I heard crying outside. I opened the door to find a little cat on the steps. He was thin and poor. He looked the way I felt. I brought him inside and gave him a can of fish. He ate it and then almost immediately fell asleep.
The next morning I checked with neighbors and learned that the cat had been left by his owner. His owner had moved out, so the little cat was there all alone, just like I was. As I walked back to the flat, I tried to work out what to do with him. Having something else to take care of seemed like the very last thing I needed. But as soon as I opened the flat door, he ran to me and jumped into my arms. It was clear from that moment that he didn't want to go anywhere. I started calling him Willis in order to remember my father's best friend.
From then on, things grew easier. With Willis in my lap, time seemed to pass much faster.
When the time finally came for me to return home, I had to decide what to do about Willis. There was absolutely no way I would leave without him.
It's been five years since my father died. Over the years, several people have said how nice it was of me to rescue the cat. But I know that we rescued each other. I may have given him a home but he gave me something greater.
69. The writer felt ______ after her father passed away.
A) happy B) lonely C) nervous D) relaxed
70. As soon as the writer saw the cat, she ______.
A) had pity on him B) showed no interest in him
C) felt very frightened D) felt angry with his crying
71. The underlined sentence in the fourth paragraph means that the writer ______.
A) was too busy to keep the cat as a pet B) was used to staying alone in the flat
C) needed something to fill my empty flat D) needed something to look after to kill time
72. The cat rescued the writer by ______.
A) telling her what real life was B) helping her tidy the flat every day
C) helping her finish the tasks on time D) making her feel better in her hard times
73. According to the passage, which of the following statements is True?
A) The cat didn't like staying in the writer's flat.
B) The writer and the cat were both homeless.
C) Willis was also the name of the writer’s father’s friend.
D) The cat was left by his owner because of an accident.
74. What's the best title for the passage?
A) A lovely cat B) My father and a cat .
C) What I got from a cat D) How to take care of a cat
B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文)（12分）
On a cold and wet night, I had just left a local club to travel home when I lost control of my car. I crashed into a car, then 75 a tree. The force was so great that it knocked the parked car several meters forwards. I was badly injured! Even worse, I had no idea that a fire had started under the engine of my car. It then set the tree on fire.
A young man was driving behind me. I later found out he was called Jared. He saw the accident happen and 76 to help me out of the burning car. He put his own life in danger when he got into the back seat to try to untie my seat belt. This wasn't easy 77 I had hit the car on my driver's side and my seat belt was squeezed into the console (操纵台).
With my seat belt untied, Jared then broke the driver's window to drag me out as I had still not regained consciousness (意识). He 78 did this while my car and the tree were burning. After I was woken by the crash, the homeowners came out to investigate.
Jared told them to ring 79 services. I was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a serious condition, five bones broken.
I spent a few weeks in hospital and Jared visited me. He also continued to contact me after I returned home. He said he didn't believe that he had done anything 80 . On that, I disagreed with him and I was very glad that he didn't get hurt in the process.
Today, nearly seven years later, Jared and I still keep in touch and often talk about the events of that night. Jared is my angel and my friend as well.
75. A) climbed B) cut C) hit D) burned
76. A) failed B) stopped C) forgot D) hesitated
77. A) if B) because C) after D) unless
78. A) bravely B) usually C) hardly D) mainly
79. A) transport B) public C) travel D) emergency
80. A) special B) difficult C) creative D) probable
C. Fill in the blanks with proper words (在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给) (14 分)
Many years ago, I visited Thailand. One evening I went to a 1ittle market. There was a small boy selling T-shirts in the market. He couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 years old, but he was a good little salesman. He was talking q 81 in Thai to two local persons when I arrived. And they both bought a T-shirt. Then there was a Japanese visitor in front of me, and the little boy began to talk in Japanese. Although he didn't speak Japanese very well, he was able to say a few words e 82 to get another sale. When I came up, he saw my white face and immediately switched to English.
"Hello, Sir, how are you? Do you like T-shirts? "And within just a few m 83 , he had persuaded(说服) me to buy five T-shirts. He was flexible (灵活的) he could jump from one language to another to m 84 the customers from different countries. And even if he only knew a few words, he was so flexible that he could use his body languages to make customers understand the r 85 of the meaning!
Selling a T-shirt meant getting money and that was a good thing. He made mistakes in his communication, but he didn't l 86 anything by making some mistakes. Actually, it was a good chance to improve his language skills. He was in a good state. He clearly enjoyed selling those T-shirts and his face was wearing a b 87 smile all the time.
It was work but he enjoyed it --he was relaxed and focused.
D．Answer the questions（根据短文内容回答下列问题）（12分）
Being an astronaut sounds cool, doesn't it? In space, they can do some pretty amazing things, like floating in zero gravity (重力).
However, there are also plenty of things that astronauts can't do because of their weightless environment, and that's very sad. What's worse, they can't even let their sadness show – because it's impossible to cry in zero gravity.
Of course, astronauts can' still have tears. But crying is much more difficult in space. Without gravity, tears don't flow downward out of the eyes like they do on the earth. This means that when you cry in space, your tears have nowhere to go – they just stick to your eyes.
In May 2011, astronaut Andrew Feustel experienced this during one of his spacewalks. "Tears," he said, "don't fall off your eyes. They just stay there." Besides making your vision (视力) unclear, this can also cause physical pain. Back on the earth, tears are supposed to bring comfort to the eyes. But that's not the same in space. The space environment dries out astronauts' eyes, and when tears suddenly wet the eyes, it can cause pain rather than comfort. "My right eye is painful like crazy." Feustel told his teammate during the walk.
Since gravity doesn't work in space astronauts need some extra help to get rid of the tears.
Feustel chose to rub his eyes against his helmet (头盔) to wipe the tears away. Another choice is to just wait -- "When the tears get big enough, they simply break free of the eye and float around, astronaut Ron Parise said.
There are lots of small things - things like crying that we are so used to on the earth. We usually take them for granted (认为理所当然), until they become a problem in a completely different environment, like space. There, astronauts can't talk to each other directly. They can't eat or drink in normal ways; They can't even burp (打嗝) because there is no gravity to hold the food down in their stomachs. If they do burp, they just end up throwing up (呕吐) everything in their stomachs, according to the UK National Space Center.
Thus perhaps it's only space explorers who can honestly say: "Gravity, you're the best."
88. Is crying more difficult in space than on the earth?
89. What happens to tears when astronauts cry in space?
90. Who experienced that the tears in space caused pain rather than comfort?
91. How do astronauts get rid of the tears in space?
92. Why can't astronauts burp in space?
93. In the last paragraph, the writer says: perhaps it's only space explorers who can honestly say: "Gravity, you're the best." Do you agree with the writer? Why or why not?
VII. Writing (作文): (20分)
94. Write at least 60 words about the topic "The change(s) ______ (a person) has brought me" (以某某给我带来的变化”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文；标点符号不占格)
注意：1. 请先把文章标题补充完整；如填上my father，a boy等，不要填写具体姓名。
Part I Listening
I. Listening comprehension
A. Listen and choose the right picture.
1. Trees are our good friends, we should try our best to protect them. (G)
2. He spent a lot of time doing his homework on the computer last night. (E)
3. The man feels very angry. His mouth is widely open in a loud shout. (F)
4. Pyramids in Egypt are one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. (B)
5. Her cousin is interested in reading detective stories such as Sherlock Holmes. (A)
6. The magic hotel is completely underwater and it has many underwater rooms. (C)
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear.
7. M: The apple pie is very good today. Would you like to order one?
W: No, thanks. I want to have a chocolate cake,
Q: What food will the woman order? (C)
8. M: How about going shopping with me now?
W: That's a good idea. I like shopping very much
Q: What will the woman most probably do next? (A)
9. M: Does the film start at 8:00 or 8:15?
W: It starts at 8:20 and ends at 10:30.
Q: When does the film start? (C)
10. M: Would you mind making less noise? The others are reading books.
W: I'm really sorry! I'll be careful next time.
Q: Where does this dialogue most probably take place? (B)
11. M: When I go on a diet, I only eat fruit and-that makes me lose weight quickly.
W: I prefer to eat what I want. But I run regularly to lose weight.
Q: How does the woman lose her weight? (D)
12. M: Can I hand in the composition the day after tomorrow, Miss White?
W: I'm afraid not. You must finish it tomorrow.
Q: What's the probable relationship between the two speakers? (D)
13. M: We are going to have a party this Saturday afternoon. Would you like to come?
W: I'd love to, but I have to work in the library on Saturdays.
Q: Why can't the woman go to the patty? (A)
14. M: You want to see me, Mrs. Smith? .
W: Yes, Mr. Green You have to start getting to work on time, or your services won't be needed here any longer.
Q: What happened to Mr. Green? (A)
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false.
Hello, I am a snow leopard. I'm the king of frozen mountains. You may have seen me in the film Born in China (《我们诞生在中国》). The film was on in China on August 12th, 2016. It was about pandas, Rhinopithecus and us. Today I will tell you more about us.
When we are born, we weigh only about 0.3 to 0.7 kilograms. But when we grow up, we weigh about 50 to 80 kilograms. Our mother takes care of us until we are strong enough to hunt by ourselves. When that day comes, we will have to leave our mother and travel a long way to find our new place to1ive in. Our grey fur with black spots enables us to hide among rocks and hunt for food more easily. We love to hunt in the early morning and evening, and have a rest in the sunlight during daytime.
We live mainly on plateaus in China and other Central Asian countries. But today, because of the climate change and people's hunting, we are in great danger. We hope that people can learn to protect the environment and stop hunting us so we can go on to live on this beautiful planet.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the table.
Interesting Things to Learn About Chinese Tea
China is the homeland of tea. Wild tea trees from over three thousand-years ago can still be found in Southwest China.
Nowadays, tea is more popular than any other drink except water in China. You can find lots of teahouses easily, especially in the top tea culture cities.
Before the 8th century BC, tea in China was mainly used as a medicine. Ancient Chinese people often boiled fresh tea leaves. They believed that tea reduced "heat" and improved eyesight.
In traditional Chinese culture, serving tea to a guest is a sign of respect. A younger person can show respect to an older person by offering a cup of tea. This is especially common during big celebrations, such as birthdays or the Spring Festival.
Tea is said to provide a lot of health benefits and is believed to be a healthy drink by Chinese people. People believe that drinking tea every day could decrease the risk of many diseases.
The most common belief is that tea makes people slim, although there is no conclusive evidence that green tea helps weight loss, or has any beneficial health effects.
l. G 2. E 3. F 4. B 5. A 6. C
7. C 8. A 9. C 10. B 11. D 12. D 13. A 14. A
15. T 16. F 17. F 18. F 19. T 20. F
21. over 3000 22. easily find/find easily 23. used as 24. show respect
25. many diseases
26. D 27. C 28. A 29. B 30. A 31. A 32. C 33. B 34. D 35. C
36. C 37. D 38. D 39. C 40. D 41. B 42. A 43. B 44. B 45.A
46. B 47. D 48. A 49. E. 50. C 51. A 52. D 53. B
54. robberies 55. yourselves 56. second 57. basic
58. produce 59. arrival 60. recently 61. discover
62. Were you 63. shall we 64. How does 65. is recycled
66. if/whether; forgave 67. common knowledge
68. The famous professor gave us a lecture on Chinese culture last Sunday.
/Last Sunday the famous professor gave us a -lecture on Chinese culture.
69. B 70. A 71. D 72. D 73. C 74. C
75. C 76. B 77. B 78. A 79. D 80. A
81. quickly 82. enough 83. minutes 84. match/meet
85. rest 86. lose 87.beautiful/bright/big
88. Yes, it is.
89. They don't flow downward-out of the eyes.
90. Andrew Feustel.
91. By rubbing the eyes against the helmet to wipe-the tears away or by waiting until the tears get big enough.
92. Because there is no gravity to hold the food down in their stomachs.
93. (Any reasonable answer is acceptable.)