Module6 A trip to the zoo单元练习
1. A. To buy some apples. B. It's over there. C. With my mother.
2. A. I sent a letter there.
B. No, there is a park.
C. Yes, it is.
3. A. Some chicken. B. At the restaurant. C. For my lunch.
4. A. It's next to the hotel.
B. Yes, she does.
C. No, she isn't.
5. A. Thank you. B. This way, please. C. Sure, you can.
6. A. B. C.
7. A. B. C.
8. A. Next to the train station.
B. Near the pay phone.
C. Next to the police station.
9. A. It's next to a bank.
B. It's on Bridge Street.
C. It's across from a bank.
10. A. A quiet park. B. A clean park. C. A new park.
Who Likes what animals Why likes
11. Kind of 12.
13. Very 14.
Elephants Smart and 15.
16. --- What does your sister ?
--- She a basketball.
A. have; has B. has; has C. have; have D. has; have
17. His brother a kite in the park every afternoon.
A. fly B. flys C. flies D. is fly
18. The girl two beautiful eyes.
A. have B. has C. be D. are
19. It usually at this time of year, but now it's snowing heavily.
A. is; snowing B. doesn't; snow C. has; snowed D. won't; snow
20. Maria likes thrillers but she comedies.
A. not like B. likes C. doesn't like D. like
21. --- your brother basketball?
--- Yes, he does.
A. Is; like B. Do; like C. Does; likes D. Does; like
22. he a small nose or big one?
A. Do; has B. Does; has C. Does; have D. Do; have
23. --- Where does he from?
A. for B. from C. in D. come
24. My brother Tom is good at the guitar.
A. plays B. playing C. play D. to play
25. The panda eats bamboo leaves.
A. as well as B. as good as C. also D. too
26. I u get up at seven o'clock.
27. Both her parents are out. So he is at home a .
28. If we are lucky enough we can c the early bus.
29. The tiger is s and catches other animals for food.
30. She is a f girl. We all like her.
31. It was very d from a traditional Chinese wedding.
32. I like koalas because they are smart and c .
33. To be a police officer is very exciting, but kind of d .
34. Welcome to Beijing. I'm your g and I'm very happy to take you to visit some interesting places in Beijing.
35. France is a E country, while Japan is an Asian country.
36. Our headmaster is kind, but he is (也) strict with us.
37. ---Can you help me, Kate?
--- (当然) I'm coming.
38. I (通常) go to school at eight o'clock.
39. It was getting dark and he finally (赶上) the last bus to go home.
40. Mother was busy, so Linda had to go shopping (单独地).
41. People are really (不同的) from animals.
42. China is a (国家) in Asia.
43. His new friend Paul comes from (非洲) and he lives in Beijing now.
44. How many (动物) can you see in the zoo?
45. If we train a dog, it can be a (向导) for people in need.
A good listener must asking questions.
47. People can enjoy more leisure activities. (种类)（词数不限）
We grow flowers vegetables in the garden.
Mary wants to travel .
50. I see a tall building (在那边).
Once upon a time, there was a man and a dog. One cold night, the man became 51 . His dog did not come back 52 . Then he asked his neighbors to 53 him look for the dog.
They 54 the dog in nearby woods(树林), 55 they didn't find it. Then some of them went towards the man's farm. When they 56 to a bridge, they found the dog. The dog was 57 and well. It was lying and looking at them. Then they found that it was 58 something. It was a 59 . The dog was keeping the baby 60 . All of them were moved.
51. A. happy B. excited C. interested D. worried
52. A. school B. home C. park D. zoo
53. A. hurt B. help C. pull D. give
54. A. looked after B. played with C. looked for D. talked with
55. A. but B. because C. if D. until
56. A. got B. arrived C. reached D. stopped
57. A. ill B. asleep C. crazy D. alive
58. A. eating B. protecting C. pushing D. hitting
59. A. dog B. cat C. baby D. pig
60. A. warm B. cold C. cool D. hot
Most people don't know about a blobfish(水滴鱼). It is the world's ugliest animal.
Blobfish live in the sea near Australia and New Zealand. For most of time, they stay in the water between 600 to 1,200 m deep. When some little fish swim past them, they try to catch them for food. They can grow up to 30 cm long. They have very large heads, small bodies and thin tails. They look like a large jelly(果冻). So they get their name.
People don't eat blobfish, because they are not good for people to eat. But fishermen kill thousands of them each year when they catch other fish in the sea. Scientists are worried that this will put the blobfish on the list of animals in danger.
61. What are the blobfish like?
A. Friendly. B. Ugly. C. Harmful. D. Strong.
62. What can we learn about blobfish from the passage?
A. Blobfish live in the sea around the world.
B. Blobfish can grow to 50 cm.
C. Blobfish look like other fish.
D. Each year thousands of blobfish are killed.
63. Blobfish get their name because of their .
A. shape B. color C. eyes D. heads
64. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. Blobfish eat small fish.
B. Fishermen catch blobfish for food.
C. Blobfish's tails are thin.
D. Blobfish's heads are big.
65. We can learn from the passage.
A. there will be rules to catch blobfish
B. blobfish will become pets
C. there will be less blobfish
D. blobfish can swim fast
Some animals sleep in winter because the weather can be very cold and it is difficult for them to find food. They can sleep for a long time. This kind of winter sleep is called “hibernation”.
If an animal moves about a lot, it needs food. Hibernating animals do not need to eat much because they are not moving about. Their hearts beat (心跳) very slowly and they also breathe (呼吸) slowly. They find a place out of danger. Their body fat keeps them alive and warm.
Some animals, such as bears, may wake up from their hibernation on warm winter days and then quickly go back to sleep again when they see the snow is still thick on the ground. When the weather becomes warmer in spring, the animals start to wake up and look for food.
66. Some animals hibernate in winter because .
A. they feel cold
B. it isn't easy for them to find something to eat
C. they are weak
D. both A and B
67. If an animal moves about a lot, it needs .
A. the sunshine B. winter sleep C. food D. water
68. Hibernating animals don't have to eat much because keeps them alive and warm.
A. the sunshine B. their body fat
C. bad weather D. their hearts
69. Some animals may when they find the snow is still thick on the ground.
A. eat some food B. wake up on warm winter days
C. quickly go back to sleep D. both B and C
70. The word “hibernation” means in Chinese.
A. 冬眠 B. 垒窝 C. 休眠 D. 迁徙
Class Trip to the Zoo
Welcome to the zoo, everyone! Here is our plan. Listen carefully. First of all, we will visit the Panda House. After that, we will walk to the Bird World. Next is the Happy Forest. There are tigers and lions! Don't worry! The cages are quite strong.
Then, we will have lunch. All of you have your own lunch, right? Some of you don't have drinks. That's all right. We can buy drinks at many places in the zoo.
After lunch, we will go to the Snake Mountain. The last is the Butterfly Park. Then, we will come back here and get on the bus. Remember, don't feed the animals.
OK! Let's go! There's going to be much fun!
71. What is next to the Bird World?
A. The Panda House. B. The Butterfly Park.
C. The Happy Forest. D. The Snake Mountain.
72. The Butterfly Park is .
A. next to the Happy Forest B. in the east of the zoo
C. in the centre of the zoo D. north of the Snake Mountain
73. If some students don't have drinks, they .
A. can buy drinks in the zoo
B. cannot do anything
C. must get drinks from classroom
D. will get drinks from the teacher
74. These students should not .
A. visit the Butterfly Park B. look at the lions
C. give food to the tigers D. bring their lunch
Students in Sunrise Middle School please note the following:
● No smoking in and out of school.
● You must carry your student ID card with you all the time at school. You are not allowed to go into the school without it.
● Remember to wear your school uniform inside the school.
● Don't climb onto the roof(屋顶) of the school buildings or the trees.
● Don't write or draw on walls, desks or other things at school.
● Show good manners all the time.
● No fighting or quarrelling.
● Don't miss any lessons without a note.
● Don't run in the hallway and the classroom.
75. What is the notice about?
A. Learning skills.
B. How to write an advertisement.
C. The school rules.
D. A lost and found notice.
76. Which of the following is NOT allowed?
A. Go to school with your student ID card.
B. Show good manners.
C. Wear the school uniform.
D. Take race in the hallway.
77. What does the underlined word "quarrelling" mean?
A. 辩解. B. 吵架. C. 讲演. D. 翻译.
78. Which of the following could also be in the notice?
A. Don't play with lighters(打火机) or fire.
B. Wash your hands before meals.
C. Get up early and eat more vegetables.
D. Don't watch TV before you finish your homework.
79. Students of the school are asked to all the time.
A. walk to school B. wear school uniforms
C. be polite D. show their school cards
Someone says, "80. " But I think time is even more important than money. Why? Because when money is spent, we can get it back. However, when time is gone, it'll never return. 81.
It goes without saying that the time is usually limited(有限的). Even a second is very important. 82.
But it is a pity that there are a lot of people who do not know the importance of the time. They spend their limited time smoking, drinking and playing. 83.
In a word, we should save time. 84. Remember we have no time to lose.
A. That is why we must not waste time.
B. Time is money.
C. They don't know that wasting time means wasting part of their own lives,
D. We should make full use of our time to do something useful.
E. We should make use of our time to do everything.
F. We shouldn't leave today's work for tomorrow.
One day the famous American scientist Albert Einstein met an old friend of his on a street in New York.
"Mr. Einstein," said the friend, "it seems that you need to put on a new overcoat. Look, how worn-out it is!"
"It doesn't matter," answered Albert Einstein. "No one knows me here in New York."
Several years later they met in New York again. Einstein had been a world-famous physicist after then but he still wore the same old overcoat.
Once more his friend persuaded him to buy a new one.
"There is no need now," said Einstein, "Everybody here has known me."
85. Where did Albert Einstein met an old friend of his?
86. What did the friend want him to buy?
87. How about Einstein's overcoat?
88. Did Einstein still wear the same old overcoat when he became a world-famous physicist?
89. What did Einstein say when the friend persuade once more him to buy a new overcoat?
A: There are many new animals in the zoo. Do you know?
B: Oh? 90.
A: Giraffes, elephants, pandas and lions.
B: Let's go and see them.
A: Good. 91.
B: I want to see koalas first.
B: Because they are very cute. 93.
A: I like giraffes.
A: Because they are lovely.
A. Why do you like them?
B. Do you like elephants?
C. What animals do you like?
D. What are they?
E. What do you want to see first?
F. Where are they?
G. Why do you want to see them first?
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. A
6. A 7. C 8. C 9. C 10. B
I. 听句子， 选出该句的最佳答语。
1. Where is the supermarket?
2. Is the post office near the library?
3. What do you like to have?
4. Does Mary live near the park?
5. Go straight and turn right. You can see the hospital.
Ⅱ. 听对话， 选择正确答案。
6. M: Excuse me. Is there a hospital in the neighbourhood?
W: Yes. It's behind the bank.
Q: Where's the hospital?
7. W: How can I get to the supermarket?
M: Sorry, there isn't a supermarket near here.
Q: Where does the woman want to go?
8. W: Where is your school, Tim? Is it near the train station?
M: No. It's next to the police station.
Q: Where is Tim's school?
9. W: Is there a library near here?
M: No, there isn't. It's on North Street,and it's across from a bank.
Q: Where is the library?
10.W: Can you see the park?
M: Yes. It's very clean.
Q: What does the man see?
Do you like animals? My friends like animals very much. Linda likes giraffes. She thinks they are kind of interesting. Tony' s favourite animals are cats. Cats like sleeping. He thinks they are very cute. Li Fei likes elephants. He thinks they are smart and beautiful. They can help people a lot. They all think animals are people' s friends.
16. A 17. C 18. B 19. B 20. C
21. D 22. C 23. D 24. B 25. A
46. be good at
47. kinds of
48. as well as
49. around the world
50. over there
51. D 52. B 53. B 54. C 55. A
56. A 57. D 58. B 59. C 60. A
61. B 62. D 63. A 64. B 65. C
66. D 67. C 68. B 69. D 70. A
71. C 72. B 73. A 74. C 75. C
76. D 77. B 78. A 79. C
81. A 82. D 83. C 84. F
85. On a street in New York.
86. A new overcoat.
87. Very old.
88. Yes, he did.
89. There is no need now. Everybody here has known me.
91. E 92. G 93. C 94. A